Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Micro Blogging with Twitter

Hello Class

By now you have all opened a Twitter account and (hopefully) you've had an opportunity to explore this unique tool which we also refer to as micro-blogging.  In my experience, it seems that people either love or hate Twitter.  It is a unique tool that may not feel entirely intuitive.  On a personal note, I believe that this tool is only as helpful as our ability to select relevant organizations and/or people to follow.  Being completely utilitarian, I prefer to follow those organizations that will provide me relevant and useful information.  Since I am very busy, I don't have too much time for celebrity updates and the like.   Think about what is the information that is useful to you and what organizations you are very loyal to.  Being selective about who you choose to follow will help you to make the most of this tool, especially as you begin to get familiar with it.
Well, as hopefully you’ve noticed I have been trying to familiarize you with some useful blogs.  Here is another one with a nice article on Twitter.  Please read the following:

http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/4034/How-to-Use-Twitter-for-Marketing-PR.aspx

Notice the amount of comments after the article… I encourage you to join the conversation!

Lastly, next week we will be participating in a Twitter chat so be sure that everyone is following me on Twitter.  You can find me @Cr8knowledge

Thanks
Dr. G

No comments: