Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Twitter Chat

Hello class

For Wednesday Oct 31, you know that we will be having a Twitter chat.  I have selected the hashtag #smclass2012.  Please be sure to include this hashtag at the end of your post so that we all know that it is a post directed to the class.

Some requirements you must meet to earn full credit...  Each person must post an initial greeting once I start the chat.  In addition, to this "checking-in" post, you must make a minimum of 5 Tweet responses within the chat.  I will be posting some questions that you can respond to, but you should not limit your Tweets to me.  It works best if you reply to each other.  Remember the Twitter-ettiquette that you start your Tweet with @_____ and the person you are responding to.  So if @Bob posts a question and my response is directed to them, I would start my Tweet with @Bob and then my message.

In preparation for our discussion please read the blog post

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/blog/2012/10/new-social-media-mindset-think-of.html?page=all

Some questions I will be posting include:
 1.  What's your favorite social media tool for business and why?
 2.  What is your least favorite social media tool and why?
 3.  Is anyone interested in keeping a blog after the class?
 4.  What is the most valuable thing you have learned about in the class so far?
 5. Is keeping a blog difficult, why?
 6.  Who is enjoying keeping their blog, why?
 7.  Have any of your friends or family inquired about your social media blogs, Tweets or FB posts?
 8. What is your favorite social media tool that we have not yet covered, why?
 9. How many times a day do your check your phone?
10.  How many times a day do your check your FB?
11.  Do you sleep next to your phone?
12.  What kind of phone do you have and do you like it?
13.  What is the longest time that you have gone without checking your phone?

Well, that's about it.  I'm really looking forward to our chat!

Dr. G

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to it. I am interested to see several conversations at once!

Unknown said...

Quick question, one minute for the vlog, correct? The actual homework sheet says 3 minutes so I wanted to verify. Thanks!

Unknown said...

That's the question I wanted to ask too.